We wish to provide an accessible web experience for the widest possible range of web users. Following is information relevant to the accessibility of our website; if you have any questions about the items below, please contact your MegaPoints coordinator at 1-800-263-5018 ext 2728..
1. All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H3 tags are used for main titles, H4 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+4. Opera users can skip sections by using "S" and "W" to cycle forwards and backwards respectively through headings.
Web pages on www.medaptus.com include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation;
- A section-dependent bar under the main navigation, which contains the secondary navigation;
- A main content area;
- A footer. When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
This site uses the access key attribute. Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key. The preset access keys for every page on this site are as follows:
* 1 = Home
* 2 = "Skip nav" - Bypass the navigation and skip directly to the page content
* 0 (zero) = Accessibility Statement (this page)
Note: Internet Explorer requires you to press ALT + an access key + Enter to access linked documents.
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable alt attributes.
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled), though the nature of the Our Work section is such that a non-visual experience will be diminished.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- The first link in every document is a "Skip nav"; it is to skip directly to what is considered the main section of the page (the content). We have implemented this feature in a way that it allows Internet Explorer users to tab through (past the target link). The link is also accessible via the access key "2".
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- We are using non-obtrusive client-side scripts.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.